- GROW OUR ECONOMY
Middletown has experienced significant new business growth over the last four years, but those businesses - and others we hope to attract - need a trained and available workforce. In 2015 I committed to working tirelessly to improve our local economy and to modernize our zoning code.
SINCE 2016, WE'VE SEEN 40+ NEW BUSINESSES , $48M IN NEW INVESTMENTS, HUNDREDS OF NEW JOBS, 24.3% INCOME TAX GROWTH AND HAVE REWRITTEN OUR ENTIRE ZONING CODE.
Future Focus: We must build a diverse tax base that finds it's foundation in the success of many businesses while attracting new businesses and partnering to train to workforce of tomorrow. We must...
Be Problem-Solvers and Partners
- Help solve the problems business owners bring to us, not create additional barriers.
- Partner with East End landowners for sale, promotion and development of their property.
- Offer economic incentives, when appropriate, and think creatively about how we can compete with other growing areas
Effectively Utilize our Assets
By 2021 Cincinnati and Dayton will likely be one metropolitan statistical area of around 3,000,000 people which would make us one of the top 20 in the country. We must have the workforce and infrastructure in place to capitalize on our location. We should...
- Leverage our “Federal Opportunity Zone” in and around the Middletown Regional Airport. Opportunity zones are a Federal Program designed to stimulate private participation in economically distressed areas through capital gains tax incentives.
- Complete the Education Hangar, which was awarded $750K from the State of Ohio to eventually train students in the aviation industry.
Develop our Workforce
- Continue and grow our collaboration with Miami Regionals, Butler Tech, Cincinnati State and others.
- Capitalize on partnerships with the Chamber of Commerce and business community to help us produce trained workers and meet the workforce needs of tomorrow.
Paid for by Friends of Talbott Moon - David W. Harrison - Treasurer, 633 Cambridge Drive, Middletown, OH 45042